2 December 2005

Stuff I've been looking at recently

Since I seem to have a few more visitors than I expected, I've decided to try and post more frequently. The problem is, though, I don't really know what to post. There's always the photos of dogs dressed as bees, of course... For now, here's stuff I've been looking at recently: On the web
  • Bloglines - ah, faithful old Bloglines. Without this killer tool, I'd have to visit a few dozen sites a day only to find a few updates. Here, practically every site I visit is presented in one simple interface. It slices, it dices, it shaves hours off my day.
  • Del.icio.us - yet another Web 2.0 service, this lets me store my bookmarks online, so I can access them from anywhere, and even see what other people are bookmarking. The Recent Bookmarks to the left are thanks to this little puppy. Tagged, bagged and ready to surf.
  • Google Analytics - One of the Big G's latest buyouts, this lets me check where and how many visits I get to this page.
  • The Onion, although it's been losing its funniness recently.
  • Defective Yeti, which is still consistently funny
  • Plus various technology sites, of limited appeal to my suspected audience.

On TV

  • The BBC's ShakespeaRetold has been fantastic. A modern-day retelling of the bard's stories. Surprisingly good.
  • Little Britain, though it's getting a bit long in the tooth by now. "But I'm a lady" can only be funny so many times.

In print

  • The Guardian - Yeah, it's a bit liberal for most of my family, but I'm so used to reading it online that it's nice to be able to hold a print edition. Beats the Torygraph in my book.
  • Sudoku - a puzzle game invented in England, perfected in Japan and then imported back again. More fun than it looks at first.

On my iPod

On my bod

  • A funky striped shirt from Energie. Ahh, if only it were cheaper I could buy a lot more.
  • A corduroy blazer from Zara. Again, not cheap, but blazers are in right now and I couldn't find a cheaper one with real pockets.
  • A military-style hat from H&M. So far, the only cheap thing I've bought, and the only thing I'm not entirely sure suits me. But then, I've never really been a hat person before.

I guess it's time to wrap up this irrelevant little post. Incidentally, the whole site's now Creative Commons licensed, meaning you can redistribute my content as long as you obey a few rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home