30 July 2005

Random 10 and the ghost of Cliff Richard

Just for the hell of it, and because I haven't posted for a while (and because it's a cool meme on the interweb and I don't want to be thought of as uncool, perish the thought), here's a random selection from my iPod 1. Dance with You, Bowling for Soup 2. Don't Stand Another Chance, Janet Jackson 3. We'll Be Together, Sting 4. The Closest Thing to Crazy, Katie Melua 5. Dreaming, Blondie 6. Easy Come, Easy Go, Winger 7. Breakdance, Irene Cara 8. Never in a Million Years, The Boomtown Rats 9. I Want You Back, Bananarama 10. Suddenly Strange, Bic Runga Admittedly, a lot of the songs are from Billboard Top 100's of the past 2 decades that I still haven't got round to listening to, which should deflect any major criticism of my musical taste. Except the Irene Cara anyway. Go on, laugh... Why have I added all that dreck? I'm running out of music I like, so I'm scouring the archives in the hope of finding some good oldies. Life's pretty busy again. Well, I say busy...I feel busy but at the end of each day it seems like I've done nothing at all worth mentioning. Applying for a few more jobs, just finished my interview with Shanghai Expat's infamous ballroom and latin dance teacher, Ivo and went to a steak restaurant for a review tonight. The verdict? WRB -- wouldn't rush back. My summer hols start in a few weeks, which explains why some of you might have heard me beling out Stiff Cliff's "Summer Holiday" at the top of my lungs, startling the living bejeezus out of the dear old biddies on the metro. Honestly, what old woman wouldn't like Cliff Richard? Admittedly, he hasn't penetrated the China market yet, but still...where was I before my train of thought was so musically derailed? Ah yes, the hols. I'll be going to Yunnan in South-Western China, to generally chill out for a few months. Fresh air, peace and quiet and some real China...just what I need after the hustle and bustle, mess and stress of Shanghai. Yes...that's how ill this city is making me. I'm resorting to dire attempts at rhyming prose and overdosing on ellipses. Just one week to go, thank God.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 pm , Blogger Georgiana said...

Thank God you're thanking God, hehe... I believe everyone has their own taste of everything, so I'll be the last person to laugh on your selection of music. Upload some photos of Yunnan later k? take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home