22 April 2005

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Real life's been getting in the way of blogging lately, so it's just going to be a short summary article for today. The Good
  • Got a pretty good new job in the pipeline, though don't know how much I should say about it just yet. I'll spill the beans when I actually start, which'll probably be quite soon.
  • One of my teaching jobs is getting better and better, which is kind of strange, because it's teaching kids. Anyone who's discussed this matter with me knows I'm more of a 'duct-tape them up and leave them be' kind of guy, but I'm actually enjoying this. Only one and a half hours a week, but they pay well and on time, and even provide free drinks for me now. Plus the headmistress is asking me for private lessons, so even more money in the bank...
  • Don't really know whether to classify this in good or bad, but the C-G clan (or at least half of them) are going to be rolling into Shanghai soon, and guess who's going to be stuck babysitting them? Well, things could be worse...at least they're bring me some Body Shop deodorant.
  • Had some amazingly cheap Italian food with some ex-work colleagues last night which exceeded all expectations for the price. Actually some of the best pizza in Shanghai to date. If only I could remember the name...
The Bad
  • Not being able to cross a road in the past few days without almost getting mashed into a thin greasy smear on the road by idiot wanker drivers who insist on turning while the traffic lights are red. They're either bastards or colour blind. Either way, I hope whoever let them behind the wheel is getting what they deserve (i.e. their goolies being plucked off)
  • The constant bodily orchestra I hear every day whilst walking the streets, which has been rather more difficult to bear lately due to my iPod earphones shuffling off their (very obviously) mortal coil. Hoiks, coughs, sneezes, farts, the sound of mucus missiles splattering across the pavement, you name it, I hear it. All we need now is armpit farting and we'll be in the Guinness Book of Records for the city with the highest density of one-man bands. And of course, the amputated beggars add a certain je ne sais quoi to the overall ambience of the city -- a perfect visual to match the stirring music of the human body at its finest.
The Ugly
Hmmmm...not a whole lot really, except the constant bloody roadworks everywhere in Shanghai, but then I'm used to that by now. Really, I just needed an 'ugly' category to make the title work. Sad, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home